Choosing the best treadmill
New to running or training for a marathon? We’ll help you find the right treadmill to match your workouts.Shop all treadmills
A treadmill is a great way to introduce yourself to running – by gradually building your pace, you can really start to make big strides. They’re also great for regular runners, to squeeze in a few extras miles when time is tight or the weather isn’t great. Read our guide to help find the best treadmill to suit your fitness level and your home.
We want to see how you’re embracing a healthier lifestyle. Post pics of your progress and successes on social media and tag @argoshome with the hashtag #argosfitness
What are you using your treadmill for?
Finding the best treadmill for your home
Where will it be stored?
A treadmill is a big investment and ultimately comes down to room. Where will it sit in your home? Make sure you measure the space first, so you know it’ll easily fit. If you don’t want your treadmill permanently on display, opt for a handy folding model.
Know your belt size
Consider the length of the belt too. Do you need a bigger size? Generally, a 100-125cm belt length is ideal for walkers, around 140cm for runners and at least 150cm for runners over 6’ tall.
What are the best features of a treadmill?
Tracking your progress
All treadmills will monitor your basic cardio fitness such as speed, time and calories. The variety of these functions will vary depending on the model or design you choose.
Here are some of the best features they can include:
- Up to 12 levels of incline – great for training
- Selection of pre-set training programmes
- Built-in speakers to easily connect your playlist
- Choose between battery or mains powered models
- Records your speed, time, distance, calories and heart-rate
- Many models now have an auto-stop safety system
Setting up a treadmill
Get set. Ready. Go!
Watch how easy it is to get to grips with your treadmill. Use the in-built functions to improve your fitness and monitor your heart-rate. And once you’re done, make some space by neatly folding your treadmill away.
Treadmill vs running outside
Which is better for me?
Neither is 'better' than the other as they both have their pros and cons. So it ultimately comes down to personal preference.
- It’s free.
- You can run wherever you are.
- It's good training for road races or fun runs.
- Easier on the joints due to the padded surface.
- You’re not affected by weather.
- You can run at any time without worrying about safety risks.
Try both to see which you prefer and what works best for your body. Or why not try a combination of both?
Our delivery service
If your treadmill weighs over 79kg, you'll need to fill out a delivery survey after you've placed your order. This is to make sure our delivery team will be able to successfully deliver your new treadmill. Watch the video below to find out more.
Heavy and bulky item delivery
To ensure your delivery and installation goes smoothly, we’ve put together a short video to walk you through the process, step by step. It’s really important that these steps are met otherwise we may not be able to deliver your new purchase to your home.
Before you order
- Make sure the appliance will fit in your chosen space.
- Check access points are wide enough to accommodate the delivery.
Preparing for your delivery
- Fill out our installation survey and let us know of any access issues.
- Check that the plug sockets are easily accessible.
On the day of delivery
- Clear the installation area of any clutter or obstacles.
- Make sure a responsible adult will be home to receive the delivery.
Looking for more inspiration?
Keep on enjoying with Argos Care
We know that sometimes life just happens...protect your new stuff with one of our Argos Care policies. Each is tailored to your product and offers extra protection in addition to your standard manufacturer's guarantee.*
*Argos Monthly Care, Argos Breakdown Care, Argos Jewellery & Watch Care and Argos Replacement Care are provided by Domestic & General Insurance PLC.
Get it today, more time to pay with the Argos Card.
Representative 29.9% APR variable.
Credit subject to status. T&Cs apply.