Accessibility Statement for Argos
This accessibility statement applies to the Argos website - https://www.argos.co.uk
This website is run by Argos Limited.
This statement exists so that we can tell you:
- What accessibility tools and features are supported on the Argos website.
- What existing accessibility issues they can expect to find on the Argos website.
- What we are doing to improve accessibility on the Argos website.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
If you’re using an assistive technology, browser plugins or adjusting browser settings, you should be able to:
- Change text, size, font, colour and background colour on most pages
- Zoom into the browser up to 400% without needing to scroll horizontally
- Complete a shop for collection using just a keyboard and or using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack)
- Complete a shop for delivery and collection using dictation software, such as Windows 10 Speech Recognition and MacOS VoiceControl
Need help adapting your computer, phone or tablet to meet your needs? Read AbilityNet’s My Computer, My Way.
We know some parts of the Argos website are not fully accessible. We are aware of the following issues. We aim to provide workarounds or alternatives wherever possible.
It is currently not possible to select a delivery slot from the delivery slot booking grid using only a keyboard on https://www.argos.co.uk on a desktop or laptop computer.
This does not affect the Argos mobile phone apps or the website when accessed via a mobile phone or tablet.
If you are a keyboard only or screen reader user, trying to book a delivery slot on https://www.argos.co.uk please try using the Android or iOS mobile apps instead.
If this is not possible, please call us on 0800 052 5500 (option 2) or through SignVideo, for assistance until we are able to fix this issue.
Images of text
On the home page there are images of text. These images have alt-text which can be read out by assistive technology. However, as these are images, the text within them cannot be manipulated to adjust its size, font, or colour styles.
Help / FAQ page
We are aware of multiple issue affecting the Help centre including the heading structure and keyboard focus. We are working on fixing these issues in 2022.
We’re committed to fixing any WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility issues that stop customers from shopping. We also want to improve user experiences for customers with disabilities.
In order to do this, we:
- Use our proprietary component library called Bolt. We test components to ensure they work with most modern browsers, devices and assistive technologies.
- Our development process includes several layers of testing:
- Automated testing. This ensures that when we publish new content, we are confident that it meets accessibility standards.
- Manual testing using browser plugins.
- Manual testing using assistive technologies including screen readers, screen magnifiers, and voice recognition software.
- Review new features and functionality to meet Sainsbury’s Luna design system accessibility guidance. This is based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines WCAG 2.1.
This statement was prepared on September 3, 2022. It was last reviewed on September 3, 2022.