Spare room ideas
Creative ideas to get the most from your extra rooms.
Whether they're practical or fun, we've pulled together 6 popular ideas to make your spare room a more functional space.
1. Guest bedroom
With the addition of a bed, sofa bed, or futon, you can turn a spare room into a bedroom for overnight guests. If you want a space-saving guest bed, folding beds or day beds are ideal choices. Keep a basket of towels at the end of the bed or some extra blankets if they get cold.
Secret beds make hosting overnight guests a breeze. Store extra bedding within easy reach - just don't forget the obligatory morning cuppa!
Foldable and fabulous, these comfy little numbers can work in any room. Use it as a gaming chair, an extra seat around the TV or conveniently flip out as an emergency bed for an overnight guest.
Choose from best for your guests. Here are our top sofa beds and folding beds for when you have overnight guests.
Off the hook
Use overdoor or wall hooks to create a handy storage spot. Great for hanging coats, or towels in the bathroom. You can even get creative and hang baskets for storing bits and bobs or perhaps some planters to add some freshness.
What to do with a room?
- Be honest and think about what you need from the room.
- Make sure it’s a place that’ll benefit you.
- Give it a purpose. This’ll help with decorating too.
- Focus on the features, such as a window or high walls.
- Stick with neutral colours to make it adaptable and easy to switch up.
- For smaller places, pick lighter shades and use mirrors to reflect light.
- Use the space wisely with multi-purpose furniture and savvy storage solutions.
- As it’s a spare room, why not get creative and do something bold or unique?