Design and Features
3D viewing without glasses
The 3DS features a 3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, larger than the DS, enabling 3D viewing without the need for special glasses.
3D videos and photos
The 3DS will feature two outer cameras, one with a motion sensor and the other a gyro sensor, which will be capable of capturing 3D videos and 3D photos, plus one inner camera.
The inbuilt motion sensor and the gyro sensor on the 3DS means you can use the console to steer round corners or control planes during game play.
Play classic and new Nintendo games in 3D
The 3DS will feature a new range of games never seen in 3D before, such as Resident Evil, DJ Hero, The Sims and Professor Layton. Some of the classic games for the 3DS planned are Mario Kart, Nintendogs and PilotWings Resort. The new design also boasts a ‘3D depth’ slider on the side of the 3DS which will adjust the intensity of the 3D effect on the console and can completely turn off the 3D effects if required.
Play online and browse the internet
The 3DS is wireless compatible which means multiple 3DS consoles can connect via a local wireless connection to experience competitive gaming in 3D on your Nintendo 3DS console.
The 3DS will be fully compatible with DS games and will accept game cards from the Nintendo DS, allowing you to still play all your favourite games without the need to build a new collection from scratch! A 2GB SD card will come with the console too.
* £60 worth of savings vouchers will be posted to the delivery address for orders placed online.
Terms and conditions
- One voucher pack earned for each pre-order of the 3DS console or any 3DS console package in store or at www.argos.co.uk/3ds.
- Unless otherwise stated, vouchers can only be redeemed instore only and not at quick pay kiosks.
- Vouchers have stated validity dates and they cannot be redeemed retrospectively.
- Promoted items are stocked in the majority of Argos stores and are subject to availability.
- Vouchers are available on all orders placed up to 29/07/2011.
- All the vouchers are valid until 29/07/2011.
- Each voucher has a minimum spend value and can only be spent on video games software and accessories, as seen from page 1754 to 1792 of the Argos Spring Summer Catalogue 2011.
- If the product purchased with the voucher is refunded, the value of the voucher will reflect the price paid excluding the voucher.
- Voucher can not be used in conjunction with any other offer, including staff discount.