5 Easy Homemade Pizza Recipes
A Homemade pizza is always a crowd-pleasing treat and you can really make it your own with your choice of toppings. We teamed up with five foodies to bring you some of their favourite alternative pizza recipes. Read on for some lip-smacking inspiration for your next pizza meal!
Healthy pizza recipe
Cat Meffan from the blog Imperfect Matter shares a healthy pizza recipe that is guilt-free and looks delicious.
Pizza is by far one of my favourite meals, so even though I love my superfoods and smoothies, nothing beats that round plate of cheesy, doughy deliciousness.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1.5 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp manuka honey
- 2/3 cup water
- Passata with oregano, black pepper and tomato puree
- Yellow pepper
- Red onion
- Heat oven to 175°c.
- Mix together the dry base ingredients.
- Add honey, oil and water mixing and kneading with your hands.
- On a floury surface roll out the dough using a rolling pin.
- Lay the dough on a baking tray folding the edges of your pizza.
- Add your toppings to the base, starting with the passata.
- Cook your pizza for 12-15 minutes.
Sweet pizza recipe
Food fanatic Rebecca Goodman from Figs and Pigs has developed a fruity nectarine and blueberry pizza!
I love to spend the weekends sourcing super
fresh ingredients and coming up with
interesting flavour combinations.
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 7g yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 300 ml water
- 200 g blueberries
- 125 g sugar
- 35 ml water
- 250 g mascarpone
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ vanilla pod seeds
- 100g blueberries
- 2 nectarines
- In a bowl combine the flour, yeast, salt, sugar and oil, gradually adding the water.
- Knead ingredients on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl covered with a tea towel. Leave for 1 hour.
- In a medium heated pan add the blueberries and water for about 5 mins until the blueberries start to soften.
- Stir in the sugar and continue to heat for a further 5 mins.
- Pour the jam into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl beat the mascarpone and cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the icing sugar and vanilla seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c.
- Cut your nectarines into thin slices.
- On a dry surface sprinkle the flour, put half the dough onto the flour.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough.
- Place your pizza onto the preheated baking tray.
- Add some of the blueberry jam spreading all over the base and dollop on some of the mascarpone.
- Lay on your nectarine slices and sprinkle with a few fresh blueberries.
- Cook for about 8-10 mins.
Vegetarian pizza recipe
Italian born Giulia has a love for food photography, recipes and restaurants which she documents on her website Mondo Mulia. She has shared with us one of her favourite fresh and tasty vegetarian recipes.
The secret is leaving the dough to rise until it’s doubled in size. Make sure you don’t deflate the dough when you stretch it: the perfect pizza should have a very airy crust.
- 250g white bread flour
- 250g white spelt flour
- 250g warm water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5-10g salt
- 7g dry yeast
- 2 spiralised courgettes
- 300g mozzarella
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of basil leaves
- Mix together the water, flour, salt, yeast and olive oil. Don’t add all the water at once. You should have a ball of dough that is smooth and not sticky.
- Put the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a damp tea towel. Leave it to rise for at least half day or until doubled in size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Divide the dough in two balls. You can freeze one for another time.
- Using a rolling pin roll your dough out until you have a 22cm / 9" base.
- Place it on an oven tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the grated courgettes on the base.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for ten minutes.
- When the base is browned and nearly cooked, take it out quickly and add the mozzarella, olive oil, basil, oregano and salt.
- Bake for another five minutes.
Breakfast pizza recipe
Jaclyn, a self-confessed Scottish country bumpkin and creator of the lifestyle blog Bumpkin Betty, has incorporated her love of brunch into a sweet pizza recipe for us!
By adding a little honey to a regular pizza dough recipe and topping with all of those brunch favourites, you've got a pizza that's just as good at 11am as it is after dinner at 8pm.
- 255g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7g yeast
- 175ml water
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Summer berries
- 2 tbsp honey
- Half a packet of soft cream cheese
- Granola clusters
- Crème fraiche
- Place the flour and salt in a mixing bowl, creating a well in the middle.
- Mix the yeast and honey with the water and stir until frothy.
- Add the olive oil to the yeast mix and then pour into the well of flour.
- Using your hands, bring the flour into the liquid and mix until you have soft dough.
- On a floured surface, knead your dough for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough ball back into a large bowl and cover with a damp tea towel and leave for at least 45 minutes.
- Once proved punch the air out of the dough and knead again.
- Cover again for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough and roll into a rough circle shape.
- Mix the cream cheese with the honey and spread generously onto the pizza dough.
- Top with summer berries and cook in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with more berries, crumble granola clusters over the top and drizzle all over with honey.
- Serve warm with a dollop of crème fraiche.
Kids’ pizza recipe
Ciara Attwell, author of the blog My Fussy Eater, regularly develops healthy recipes for picky families. She shares her recipe for a quick and easy 'rainbow veggie pizza’ - perfect for making with kids!
This is a great recipe to get the kids involved in the kitchen too. I line the tortilla bases up on the kitchen table and let the kids have fun spreading
on the tomato sauce and cheese and then
choosing their own toppings!
- 1 large tortilla wrap
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp red pesto
- 75g grated mozzarella
- Cherry tomatoes
- Coloured peppers
- Red Onion
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the tortilla onto a pizza or a baking tray.
- Mix the tomato puree and red pesto together in a bowl and then spread evenly onto the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top and then add your vegetables of choice.
- Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the sides of the tortilla are starting to crisp.