Your guide to curtains and blinds
You can instantly enhance or update a room by adding the right curtains or blinds. Adding a stylish pair of ready-made curtains can bring the whole room together and create a finished look. At the same time, blinds can be very eye-catching with more of a practical edge.
Deciding on the right curtains and blinds can make a dramatic difference to both the appearance and feel of a room.
- Do you want the window dressing to be the focus of the room by injecting colour?
- Or do you need the solution to be more neutral so you can change your furniture without having to replace the curtains?
We've got a wide range of curtains, blinds and all the accessories you need to suit any window and any space.
Helping you choose what's right for your home
Before deciding on a particular type of curtain or blind it's worthwhile considering what you are trying to achieve in the room. Are you looking for practicality, a brand new style for your room or maybe a little of both?
Are you trying to keep a room cosy in the evenings or shading a child's bedroom from early morning sunshine? Deciding on your room's requirements from the beginning will help you make the right product choice - ensuring you get the most from your window furnishing.
Looking at the appearance and size of your window is a great way to decide on the most suitable type of furnishing.
- Heavier curtains - draw the eye, transforming a large window into a furnished feature.
- Lighter blinds - can add subtlety, making a small window appear larger.
Curtains or blinds - what's perfect for you?
Both types of window dressing offer a variety of different benefits and features. We've outlined the key advantages of each option below.
Curtains are great for:
- Decorative flair - sumptuous full-length curtains made from one of our range of luxurious fabrics adds the finishing touch to furnishing any room.
- Protecting upholstery - voiles and curtains act as a great way to protect soft furnishings from exposure to direct sunlight, helping minimise the risk of sun fade on delicate materials.
- Keeping the room warm - drawing curtains can help eliminate draughts and wasted heat, helping to reducing fuel costs and being more energy efficient.
Blinds are great for:
- Practicality - easy to fit and even easier to use - you can even trim some types of blinds to fit specific window sizes.
- Value - blinds offer a great economical solution for effective and attractive window dressing.
- Space saving - with no need for holdbacks or poles, blinds are less obtrusive than curtains and ideal for small windows or recesses.
- Extra Humidity - rooms such as kitchens and bathrooms are prone to higher humidity and condensation. Blinds are fantastic for these rooms as they are more suited to withstand these conditions.