Cordless phones have base units which connect direct to your phone socket but the handsets are portable making them much more convenient than corded phones. Call costs will depend on your service provider but can mean cheap calls.
The most important consideration when buying a cordless telephone is the number of handsets and at Argos we range all the major brands with up to 4 handsets.
- Multiple handsets require only one phone socket, but allow for multiple users anywhere in your home.
Features to look for:
- Answer- Whether the telephone has an answering machine, and how long the recording time is.
- Speaker- Allows more freedom by enabling “hands free” talking or “conference calls”.
- Caller ID/Display- indicates whether or not the caller identity/number can be shown.
- Talktime- How long you can talk before recharging the batteries.
- Standby- Time between charges while the telephone is not in use.