WHICH COOKER IS BEST FOR YOU?
Whether you're on the go or organising meal plans, find the right cooker to suit your lifestyle.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
Here's everything you need to know...
A quick and easy way to create homecooked meals, by cooking ingredients at a set temperature for a long time. Simply pop everything in, set your heat and leave for as long as recommended. Usually holding between 1-7 litres, you'll find the perfect match for any sized family or kitchen.Why they're great:
- – Generally cheaper than other models
- – Easy to use with only 3 settings
- – Preserves key flavours and nutrients
- – Safe to leave on for long periods of time
- – Different sizes to suit different cooking needs.
Creating the same slow-cooked taste, in less time. A pressure cooker increases the steam's pressure inside a sealed pot. This then raises the boiling point, which cooks your food faster.Why they're great:
- – Creates fast and tasty meals
- – Preserves vitamins and nutrients
- – Secure lid locking system
- – Hob or electric models available
- – Saves energy by saving cooking time.
If you're looking for something that does it all, this is it. With multiple functions for nearly every meal, you won't need any other appliances. Which means they're perfect for small kitchens or busy lifestyles.Why they're great:
- – Up to 14 settings including fry, steam and braise
- – Multiple functions to cook most meals
- – Reheat button
- – Digital timers
- – Safe to leave on for periods of time.
WHAT SIZE SLOW COOKER SHOULD I CHOOSE?
FIND THE BEST FEATURES
A quick list of the best bits...
You can see how your meal is doing, without having to release any heat. And hinged lids mean no messy counter tops!
CERAMIC NON-STICK COATING
A non-stick bowl is durable, scratch resistant and easy to clean. It also promotes even cooking.
Slow cookers are designed to be left on for long periods, so don't tend to have a timer. With a multi cooker, you can set cooking or delayed timers.
Only some removable bowls are dishwasher safe. But the ceramic non-stick coating makes them an easy clean.
Some are, some aren't. Check your model if you need an oven or hob safe bowl.
This relates to the removable bowl inside, and how much food it can hold. With options of 1-7 litres, you should find the perfect size for you.
Slow cooker recipes
Looking for inspiration? Try these mouth-watering meals...
What you need:
- A whole chicken (approx 4lb/1.8kg)
- 4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, cut into large slices
- 2 lemon wedges
- 4 carrots, cut into chunky pieces
- 4 celery sticks, cut into quarters
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- Combine the salt, thyme, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and garlic in a bowl to create the seasoning.
- Place the onion, celery and carrots at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Remove any giblets from the chicken and pat down with kithen roll.
- Rub the chicken all over with the seasoning.
- Place the chicken breast-down in the slow cooker bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over the top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
pulled pork tacos
What you need:
- 1.5kg-2kg pork shoulder
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Corn taco shells
- Small soft tortilla wraps
- Coriander rice
- Sour cream
- Chopped coriander
- Remove the skin from the pork and slash the meat on both sides.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the garlic, cumin, chipotle paste, lime zest and juice, orange zest and juice, olive oil and seasoning. Rub into the meat and cover, refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Place the meat and the marinade into the removable slow cooker bowl. Cover with the lid and cook on Low for 6-7 hours or High for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the meat from the slow cooker bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Allow to cool slightly before shredding with 2 forks. Place the pork onto a baking sheet and crisp in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
TO ASSEMBLE THE TACOS
- Place a spoonful of the sour cream onto a soft tortilla and add a corn taco shell onto the centre of the wrap, this makes them easier to eat.
- Add the crispy pork, a spoonful of coriander rice, salsa, sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh coriander leaves and jalapenos.
- Fold round the ingredients and enjoy.
peanut butter chocolate lava cake
What you need:
- 100g butter, melted
- 225g self-raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 5g baking powder
- 50g cocoa, sifted
- 150g crunchy peanut butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 100g chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate coated peanuts and mini peanuts
- Peanut butter cups
- 300g light brown soft sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- Lightly grease the cooking bowl with a little butter.
- Mix the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Divide equally into two bowls and add the cocoa powder to one and the peanut butter to the other.
- Whisk together the eggs, melted butter and milk in a separate bowl and pour into a measuring jug. Pour half onto each bowl of dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir the chocolate chunks into the chocolate batter.
- Pour both batters into the cooking bowl and lightly swirl together. Dot the top of the batter with some peanut butter.
- Make the sauce by mixing 420ml of boling water with the brown sugar and cocoa powder. Pour the sauce carefully over the mixture in the cooking bowl.
- Cover and cook on slow cook High for 2 hours until firm and risen.
- Add the confectionery for the last ten minutes to melt slightly.
- Serve hot with pouring cream or vanilla ice cream.
Why buy at Argos?
Get it today, more time to pay
With the Argos card. Representative 29.9% APR variable.