What is silver tarnish?
Tarnish is discolouration that can appear on silver jewellery. The first sign of tarnish is a visible yellow tint, which can develop into a deeper yellow or black. Tarnishing is a natural process, but it's recommended to address it as soon as possible.
How to clean silver jewellery
Town Talk Silver Jewellery Cleaning Solution & Cloth
- Place your silver jewellery into the basket provided and dip into the cleaner, leaving them there for two minutes.
- Use the included brush to remove embedded dirt.
- Rinse in running water and rub with a dry soft cloth, like the matching Town Talk Cloth (sold separately).
Town Talk Sonic Jewellery Cleaning Kit
- Perfect for restoring original sparkle and brilliance to all your favourite jewellery, including silver.
- Place the jewellery into the kit and follow the given instructions and watch the shine come back to your items in just a few minutes.
Connoisseurs Silver Dazzle Drops Cleaner
- A cleaner that polishes and protects your silver jewellery from tarnish. It is pleasantly scented and comes with a brush to help you remove any dirt and marks.
- Follow the instructions provided and watch the sparkle come back to your jewellery.
How do you make your gold shine?
If your gold jewellery is starting to show signs of discolouration, there are several cleaners that can restore your jewellery's golden gleam.
How to clean gold jewellery
Town Talk Gold Jewellery Cleaning Solution & Cloth
- Immerse the basket containing your gold jewellery into the cleaning solution.
- After 2 minutes, remove any embedded dirt with the provided brush.
- Rinse under running water before drying with a soft dry cloth (Town Talk cloth sold separately).
Town Talk Jewellery Polishing Cloth - Gold
- Infused with an anti-tarnish agent, this luxury gold polishing cloth is made from 100% cotton. The cloth remains effective as long as it is not washed.
Don't just take our word for it.
Town Talk Jewellery Cleaning Solution - Silver Sparkle - Review
"Worked miracles on heavily tarnished silver chain and pendant. Took a few uses but result was worth it and has been maintained. Jewellery looks like new."
Town Talk Jewellery Cleaning Solution - Gold Sparkle - Review
Does what it says on the tub!!
"Put some dull gold necklaces & earrings in and 2 minutes later they come out gleaming."
Town Talk Jewellery Polishing Cloth - Gold - Review
A brilliant cloth to buff and shine any gold item.
"An excellent gold polishing cloth suitable for jewellery and gold coins. Restores a lovely shine after cleaning."
Location Chard, Somerset
How to make diamonds sparkle?
It's not just silver and gold jewellery that can tarnish, find out how you can keep your diamonds and other precious stones at their dazzling best.
How to clean diamonds and precious stones
Connoisseurs Diamond Dazzle Stik
Designed for diamonds and precious stones, the dazzle stik is perfect for on-the-go cleaning. It uses micro-fine cleansers, polishing agents and a special polymer that fills in tiny scratches.Shop now
Connoisseurs Jewellery Beauty Wipes
These wipes can bring the shine back to jewellery and watches. With an anti-tarnish shield, they can help your jewellery retain its lustre.Shop now
Connoisseurs Advanced Dazzle Drops
Clean a wide range of jewellery, from gold to platinum and diamonds to pearls. Simply follow the instructions provided and watch your jewellery find its sparkle again.Shop now
Jewellery care and inspiration
resize and engraving
Did you know you can get your jewellery repaired, resized and engraved at a number of our stores?
Click the link below to discover our cover options, including cost, length of cover and those oh-so-important t's and c's.