LG 65 Inch 65SM8500PLA Smart 4K HDR LED TV938/2200
Tell us where you are to check stock:
About this product
NanoCell technology creates accurate colour for outstanding picture quality, even at the widest viewing angles – so everyone gets the best seat in the house. Experience entertainment like never before with Cinema HDR including DOLBY VISION plus DOLBY ATMOS audio. The whole viewing experience is also enhanced by the 7 Gen 2 AI processor that enhances picture and sound no matter the source.
LG TV's can recognise major High Dynamic Range formats including Dolby Vision, Technicolor, HDR10 and HLG. Giving you the best experience, no matter what HDR entertainment you're enjoying.
Model number: 65SM8500PLA.
Television picture quality:
- Nanocell TV Screen.
- 4K Ultra HD display resolution.
- Motion rate 3300.
- Viewing angle 176/176 degrees.
- Resolution 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- Screen size: 65 inches.
- Size of TV H84, W145.1, D6.4cm.
- Size of TV with stand: H90.5, W145.1, D25.78cm.
- Weight of TV 24.3kg (unpackaged).
- Weight of TV with stand: 24.6kg.
- Footprint of TV 1267cm.
- Suitable for wall mounting 300 x 300 bracket.
- Length of cable: 1.5m.
- Packaged size H970, W1600, D175cm.
- Packaged weight 31.2kg.
- 20 watt RMS power output.
- 3 USB ports and 4 HDMI sockets.
- Headphone socket.
- Optical connection.
- Built in Wi-Fi.
- Ethernet connection.
- DLNA compatibility - allows you to wirelessly send content from devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Remote control included.
Smart TV features:
- Smart TV.
- Web OS operating system.
- Compatible with the following smart apps: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, iTV, demand 5, 4od, Amazon Prime, youTube.
- Internet browser.
- Features USB recording and video playback.
- Micro dimming technology improves the contrast by dimming individual sections of the TV screen.
- Dolby Vision - makes whites brighter, intensifies colour and enhances the overall picture for an epic cinematic effect.
- Freeview HD and Freesat HD digital tuner.
- Freeview HD (UK) and Saorview (ROI).
- Saorview digital tuner (Saorview can only be received in the Republic of Ireland).
- CI plus slot.
- Aerial required.
- In the box: Manual, Remote, Screws.
- Sleep timer.
- Parental controls.
Energy efficiency information:
- Energy efficiency rating: A+.
- Energy efficiency index (EEI) 0.21.
- On mode power consumption 118 watts.
- Annual power consumption 164kWh.
- Standby power consumption 0.5 watt.
- This product contains lead.
- EAN: 8806098423125.
Having discussed this with the supplier for you I can let you know:
LG do not list the refresh rate of the panel. They opt to use a PMI (Picture Mastering Index) which encompasses a number of different specs into one.
Each TV is given a number that takes into account factors like the how high the resolution is, colour, brightness, contrast, motion, noise reduction, screen panel and backlight refresh rate and immersivity – the higher the number, the better the picture quality.
I hope this helps
Thanks for using Argos Q & A
4 December 2019
The small print
*Prices correct as displayed but are subject to change.
The customer and brand answers you’ll see above are submitted independently. As we don’t review these answers, we can’t take responsibility for anything they may say. The responses from Argos colleagues are accurate at the time of publishing. For the latest info, you should check the product page.
This product comes with a minimum one year manufacturer’s guarantee, unless otherwise stated in the specification above.