Sony 55 Inch KD-55XG8196BU Smart 4K HDR LED TV935/7448
Tell us where you are to check stock:
About this product
Take your TV viewing to the next level with the Sony XG81. It brings together crisp detail, beautiful colours and smooth motion for an exceptional viewing experience. Plus you can enjoy the simplicity and convenience of voice control and built-in access to the world's most popular streaming services.
With four times the resolution of Full HD, Sony's X-Reality Pro brings your images to life in more detail than ever before. Enhancing every pixel for the best clarity and colour, it reproduces everything you watch and play in exceptionally sharp definition.
Model number: KD55XG8196BU.
Television picture quality:
- LED TV Screen.
- 4K Ultra HD display resolution.
- Motion rate 400Hz.
- Viewing angle 89/89 degrees.
- Resolution 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- Screen size: 55 inches.
- Size of TV H72.1, W124.1, D7.9cm.
- Size of TV with stand: H78.4, W124.1, D33.7cm.
- Weight of TV 16.1kg (unpackaged).
- Weight of TV with stand: 17.3kg.
- Footprint of TV 98.6cm.
- Suitable for wall mounting 200 x 200 bracket.
- Length of cable: 2m.
- Packaged size H83.3, W16, D139.7cm.
- Packaged weight 24kg.
- Dolby sound system.
- 2 x 10 watt RMS power output.
- 3 USB ports and 4 HDMI sockets.
- Component video socket.
- Composite socket.
- Headphone socket.
- Built in Wi-Fi.
- Ethernet connection.
- DLNA compatibility - allows you to wirelessly send content from devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Smartphone remote.
- Remote control included.
Smart TV features:
- Smart TV.
- Android operating system.
- Compatible with the following smart apps: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, iTV, demand 5, 4od, Amazon Prime, youTube.
- Internet browser.
- Features USB recording and video playback.
- HDR - makes whites brighter, intensifies colour and enhances the overall picture for an epic cinematic effect.
- Freeview HD digital tuner.
- Freeview HD (UK) and Saorview (ROI).
- Saorview digital tuner (Saorview can only be received in the Republic of Ireland).
- CI plus slot.
- Aerial required.
- Sleep timer.
- Parental controls.
Energy efficiency information:
- Energy efficiency rating: A.
- On mode power consumption 115 watts.
- Annual power consumption 160kWh.
- Standby power consumption 0.5 watt.
- This product contains lead.
- EAN: 4548736096462.
88% would recommend to a friend
Brilliant TV well done sony
My wife and I decided to buy it for each other for a Christmas present, well worth it, better than socks...
I bought the tv 3 weeks ago, so far exactly what I thought it would be as it was from Sony. Having had Sony tv,s before. Quite alot of setting up as it's android based, I guess some folk if not familiar with the internet a d Google may find it fairly difficult. My only gripes are that You view could be better it is quite basic in what it does and compared to say TiVo it is pretty poor. Also my old Bravia tv had a clock displayed constantly bottom right side of the screen if you required it, alas this tv does not support a clock and no clock apps will also work, minor I know but when you are used to something then it needs to be available. But overall looks like a great but
It's a really good tv, it has a really good sound and a brilliant picture. Its a lot better then my last tv.
I contacted our supplier for you.
They say apologies - but Sony do not quote input lag numbers.
Thanks for using Argos Q & A
7 December 2019
- all products we sell come with a 12 month guarantee against manufacturing faults. We do not offer a 5 year guarantee on this model
Thanks for using Argos Q & A
4 December 2019
I can confirm that this does have an Android operating system.
I hope this helps :)
Thanks for using Argos Q&A
12 September 2019
The small print
*Prices correct as displayed but are subject to change.
The customer and brand answers you’ll see above are submitted independently. As we don’t review these answers, we can’t take responsibility for anything they may say. The responses from Argos colleagues are accurate at the time of publishing. For the latest info, you should check the product page.
This product comes with a minimum one year manufacturer’s guarantee, unless otherwise stated in the specification above.