Argos Home Cheval Gloss Overbed Cupboards - White921/0633
2 Colours available
Tell us where you are to check stock:
About this product
Part of the Cheval collection, this set of overbed cupboards help make the most of your bedroom space, especially in small rooms. Made here in the UK, the cupboards are made with FSC wood and have metal handles for a premium finish. Inside each cupboard is an additional shelf to help you organise your clothes, bedding and more.
Get the fitted wardrobe look with the modular and versatile Cheval collection. Mix 'n' match wall-mounted cupboards with tall wardrobes, corner units and bedside chests any way you like. Save money when buying as part of a bedroom furniture set or purchase pieces individually. Great value, great style.
Part of the Cheval collection.
- Size H49.9, W228, D39.3cm.
- 3 cupboards, each with 3 shelves.
- Metal handles.
- Weight 42kg.
- Self-assembly - 2 people recommended.
- FSC certified wood.
Having just fitted these units flush to the ceiling (and they look awesome!) here are some observations:
1) YES you CAN hang them on your own. I did no problem. They are individually quite heavy but I stood on a chair and was fine lifting them into place. I'm not particularly strong either!
2) You hang them one at a time, then secure them together sideways (if you wish)
3) The holes in the mounting brackets are 6mm (M6).
4) For attaching the brackets to the Breeze-block wall I used M6x70mm Shield Bolt Anchors (be advised 10mm masonry bit is better into breezblock, 11 or 12mm bit into brick wall).
5) The units are made of laminated chipboard (not MDF thank goodness). Means that they are heavy but they should last well.
6) If wanting to mount them flush to the ceiling I drilled the centers of the mounting bracket holes 70mm down from the ceiling. This gave just enough room to hook the cabinet onto them and then use the adjusters to wind them up into place.
23 November 2019
It is a 2 person job to hang these cabinets on the wall. We supply the fixing brackets on the cabinet but not the screws and plugs to fix to the wall. This is because there are so many different wall types each requiring a different screw or plug. We include a guidance sheet as to which screws and plugs to use for each wall type within the assembly instruction.
Thank you for using Argos Q&A.
11 November 2019
The small print
*Prices correct as displayed but are subject to change.
The customer and brand answers you’ll see above are submitted independently. As we don’t review these answers, we can’t take responsibility for anything they may say. The responses from Argos colleagues are accurate at the time of publishing. For the latest info, you should check the product page.