Sony 49 Inch KD-49XG8196BU Smart 4K HDR LED TV921/0516
Tell us where you are to check stock:
About this product
Take your TV viewing to the next level with the Sony XG81. It brings together crisp detail, beautiful colours and smooth motion for an exceptional viewing experience. Plus you can enjoy the simplicity and convenience of voice control and built-in access to the world's most popular streaming services.
With four times the resolution of Full HD, Sony's X-Reality Pro brings your images to life in more detail than ever before. Enhancing every pixel for the best clarity and colour, it reproduces everything you watch and play in exceptionally sharp definition.
Model number: KD49XG8196BU.
Television picture quality:
- LED TV Screen.
- 4K Ultra HD display resolution.
- Motion rate 400Hz.
- Viewing angle 89/89 degrees.
- Resolution 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- Screen size: 49 inches.
- Size of TV H64.5, W110.1, D5.7cm.
- Size of TV with stand: H70.4, W110.1, D26.2cm.
- Weight of TV 11.8kg (unpackaged).
- Weight of TV with stand: 12.4kg.
- Footprint of TV 68.7cm.
- Suitable for wall mounting 200 x 200 bracket.
- Length of cable: 2m.
- Packaged size H77.6, W14.1, D118.8cm.
- Packaged weight 17kg.
- Dolby sound system.
- 2 x 10 watt RMS power output.
- 3 USB ports and 4 HDMI sockets.
- Component video socket.
- Composite socket.
- Headphone socket.
- Built in Wi-Fi.
- Ethernet connection.
- DLNA compatibility - allows you to wirelessly send content from devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Smartphone remote.
- Remote control included.
Smart TV features:
- Smart TV.
- Android operating system.
- Compatible with the following smart apps: Netflix, BBC iPlayer, iTV, demand 5, 4od, Amazon Prime, youTube.
- Internet browser.
- Features USB recording and video playback.
- HDR - makes whites brighter, intensifies colour and enhances the overall picture for an epic cinematic effect.
- Freeview HD digital tuner.
- Freeview HD (UK) and Saorview (ROI).
- Saorview digital tuner (Saorview can only be received in the Republic of Ireland).
- CI plus slot.
- Aerial required.
- Sleep timer.
- Parental controls.
Energy efficiency information:
- Energy efficiency rating: A.
- On mode power consumption 77 watts.
- Annual power consumption 107kWh.
- Standby power consumption 0.5 watt.
- This product contains lead.
- EAN: 4548736096493.
88% would recommend to a friend
Bought just before Christmas, very television, some minor issues with software. i.e. When watching Netflix will occasionally return to TV, Alexa not always able to turn on or claims can't communicate with TV and then a few seconds or minuets later, on it pops!
I bought this tv aprox 3 weeks ago . A bit disappointed the sound is not as good as previous tv and the picture not as good either . The stand is also disappointing . Maybe I was spoiled with my old 10 year old Philips 40 inch had to change as picture breaking down
We've had tv four weeks now and still can't get use to sound control, up and down with volume control constantly changing with every channel and advert.
This TV is not Airplay compatible.
Thank you for using Argos Q and A.
4 November 2019
Yes, the Sony 49 Inch KD-49XG8196BU Smart 4K HDR LED TV will be ok to connect to a Q box and its sound box.
Thanks for using Argos Q&A
21 September 2019
The Sony 49 Inch KD49XG8196BU Full HD Smart TV with HDR includes a 12 month guarantee against manufacturing faults.
Thank you for using Argos Q&A.
12 August 2019
The small print
*Prices correct as displayed but are subject to change.
The customer and brand answers you’ll see above are submitted independently. As we don’t review these answers, we can’t take responsibility for anything they may say. The responses from Argos colleagues are accurate at the time of publishing. For the latest info, you should check the product page.
This product comes with a minimum one year manufacturer’s guarantee, unless otherwise stated in the specification above.