Brita Marella Jug & 8 Cartridges - White806/7186
Tell us where you are to check stock:
About this product
The MAXTRA+ contains Micro Carbon Pearls that reduce chlorine and organic impurities. These can affect taste and odour of food and drink. In a slim, fridge door fitting design, the jug has a 1.4 litre filtered water capacity and 2.4 litre total capacity. The flip top lid makes for easy refilling and the 100% recyclable filter cartridge lasts approximately 1 month, with an electronic 'memo' reminder to notify you when it's time to replace it. Aside for the lid, this Brita jug is dishwasher safe.
Water jug features:
- Filtered water capacity 1.4 litres.
- Total capacity 2.4 litres.
- Cartridge replacement indicator.
- Dishwasher safe (excluding lid).
- Size H30.5, W19, D16.5cm.
- Manufacturer's 3 year when registering online guarantee.
- Uses Brita cartridges.
- 8 cartridges supplied (approximately 8 month pack).
- Ring pull handles for easy removal.
- Requires pre-soaking.
- Suitable for all water types.
- 100% recyclable.
- EAN: 4006387094843.
95% would recommend to a friend
Brita filter jug
This is a good size jug giving you plenty of filtered water. Our tap water is hard so I use the filtered water for everything, cooking veg, drinking, tea, coffee even for flowers.
Does not filter chloramine
I bought this thinking it would get rid of the unpleasant tatse of chlorine. This is caused by the presence of chloramine, added by the water authority. Since buying the filter I have learned that it will not get rid of this substance, except perhaps by passing the water several times throught the filter. The manufacturer does not point out this fact, instead they imply that it will get rid of chlorine, without telling an outright lie. The filter is not fir for purpose.
It was a good deal with the extra cartridges which are otherwise expensive if not on a deal. Bought it to replace a Marella jug that had had its day. The reservoir section on this one is very loose compared to the old one so it lost a star for that
Hi, it's important that thorough preparation of the cartridge is followed prior to use to ensure optimum performance of the cartridge. To do this:
1. Remove packaging from cartridge.
2. Fill basin/sink with cold water.
3. Immerse cartridge under water and vigorously shake from side to side for 10 seconds.
(you will notice small bubbles rising to the surface of the water from the cartridge).
4. When the bubbles have stopped, remove the cartridge from basin/jug and place in the system.
5. Filter 2 - 3 batches of water through the system to remove any carbon dust from the cartridge (carbon dust can become dislodged during transit).
Your cartridge should now be fully operational.
Kind regards, BRITACare
15 November 2018
I too bought this thinking it had 12 filters as stated on the box but was very disappointed to find only 8
16 February 2019
I'm sorry for the confusion. To clarify, each pack contains 8 filters.
Hope this helps. :)
Amy @ Argos
23 March 2018
I have phone the store and they told me you only get 8 filters.
Maybe if they updated their site a little more often with the correct information it will say us all a lot of time and cost to find the correct quantity.
22 March 2018
The small print
*Prices correct as displayed but are subject to change.
The customer and brand answers you’ll see above are submitted independently. As we don’t review these answers, we can’t take responsibility for anything they may say. The responses from Argos colleagues are accurate at the time of publishing. For the latest info, you should check the product page.