Picnic Boat Cruise for Two Gift Experience414/6647
Tell us where you are to check stock:
About this product
Enjoy a picnic cruise around Oxford and get a taste of a relaxed life on the river.
- Cruising on the Thames is truly magical. Travelling quietly you'll witness a wonderful natural display, the abundant birdlife, horses and cows all relaxing in the Oxfordshire countryside. The river itself is vibrant and busy with rowers, narrow boats and cruisers all adding to a rich tapestry of colour and activity.
- During the cruise you have the chance to stretch your legs in the gorgeous countryside. Your journey includes a delectable gourmet picnic lunch, sourced from some of Oxford's finest caterers.
- Exact contents depend on the availability of the freshest produce, but you can be assured that this quintessentially British way to spend an afternoon or evening will deliver satisfaction.
- On this trip you'll travel through the city past famous landmarks including Christchurch College and Meadows, the University boathouses and regatta course, the Head of the River and Folly Bridge. From the river you'll take in a side of Oxford's heritage rarely seen by visitors to the city.
- See well-loved allotments, gardens and majestic and ancient Port Meadow, some of Oxford's most beautiful and intriguing scenery. Port Meadow, a vast area of common land, has remained little changed since prehistoric times and supports plants and bird-life in abundance.
- At the top of Port Meadow is Godstow. Godstow was the ultimate destination of Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll when they followed an identical route to this trip while composing 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'.
- This is for a voucher entitling the holder to any of the activities supplied by Activity Superstore up to the value stated.
- It is also the site of Trout Island, an inspiration for another of Oxfords literary icons, C S Lewis, and his stories of the land of Narnia. The trip also passes through Osney Lock (one of the deepest on the Thames).
- This experience is available on selected dates, April to October. This experience will last approximately 2½ hours. There will be other people on the cruise.
- Location: Oxfordshire - Oxford.
- The length and availability of experiences may vary. If you are under 18 years of age you will need to be accompanied by an adult, unless otherwise stated. For driving experiences you must have a full uk or european manual driving licence which must have been held for a minimum of 1 year. Medical and other restrictions may apply, if in doubt please consult your doctor before participating. Some experiences are dependent on appropriate weather conditions. If you are cancelled due to poor weather conditions, you can rebook. For further information on experience locations, timings and programmes please call our contact centre 0371 384 1030.
- You are buying a stylish gift voucher pack which you can hand or post to the recipient. This is their passport to a fantastic experience – one which they'll never forget! your gift pack will be sent by first class post on the same day if you order before 1pm monday to friday. Otherwise, it will be sent first class the next working day.
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from purchase.
- Gift voucher is valid until .
- Limited lifetime.
- EAN: 5055902069889.
- For Terms and Conditions please select the relevant document from this products image carousel.
100% would recommend to a friend
Wall paper stripper is light and easy to handle
There is no on/off switch so it has to be unplugged at the mains.
The small print
*Prices correct as displayed but are subject to change.
The customer and brand answers you’ll see above are submitted independently. As we don’t review these answers, we can’t take responsibility for anything they may say. The responses from Argos colleagues are accurate at the time of publishing. For the latest info, you should check the product page.