Weeding tools & tips
Learn which tools are best for keeping those pesky weeds away from your garden.Shop garden weeding tools
Importance of weed control
Listed below are just some of the reasons why removing weeds is beneficial to your garden.
- Weeding keeps your plants healthy and stops them competing for moisture and nutrients.
- Certain types of weeds can cause skin irritation.
- Some weeds have thorns or prickly leaves that can cut and scratch you.
- Weeds spoil the appearance of patios, pathways and decking.
- Patches of tall weeds can stop sunlight from reaching other plants.
- Once weeds get out of control, removing them could damage your garden plants.
How to stop weeds from growing
Garden looking a bit weedy? Here are six tips to help you manage weeds in and around your flower beds and shrubbery.
Best tools for weeding
With these top tools, you can stop weeds from spreading and taking over your garden.
Using weed killer
In some circumstances, it may be more effective to use weed killer rather than weeding by hand. As with all chemical-based products, it’s important to read the label and follow the manufacturer's instructions before using weed killer in your garden. Some weed killers will also remain in the soil for a period of time after application, so it's best not to replant in the area straight away.
More garden inspiration
Advice, features and design tips to help you transform your garden.