Spare room ideas
Creative ideas to get the most from your extra rooms.
What to do with a spare room?
Whether they're practical or fun, we've pulled together 6 popular ideas to make your spare room a more functional space.
Guest room comforts
Have you thought about...
How to decorate your spare room
Room to snooze
Secret beds make hosting overnight guests a breeze. Store extra bedding within easy reach - just don't forget the obligatory morning cuppa!
Foldable guest beds
You don’t need a full room to get 40 winks. Instead, opt for a lightweight, portable and foldable bed. They’re easy to tuck away and comfortably unpack when needed.
Our top sleeping spots...
Space saving ideas
Off the peg
Use coloured wooden pegs to create your own DIY hanging space. Great for those 'where's the hairdryer?!' mornings.
Tips for transforming a room
What to do with a room?
- Be honest and think about what you need from the room.
- Make sure it’s a place that’ll benefit you.
- Give it a purpose. This’ll help with decorating too.
- Focus on the features, such as a window or high walls.
- Stick with neutral colours to make it adaptable and easy to switch up.
- For smaller places, pick lighter shades and use mirrors to reflect light.
- Use the space wisely with multi-purpose furniture and savvy storage solutions.
- As it’s a spare room, why not get creative and do something bold or unique?