Smart home devices
Your everyday just got easier. Discover how to control your smart home and find the best smart home devices for you.Shop all smart home
Take charge of your home
A smart home is where you control your devices from your smartphone or speaker. Using your Wi-Fi, you can turn up the heat, answer the door, dim the lights, and more - wherever you are. What's more, you can manage and monitor energy usage on the go, helping you save on your energy bills.
Good for you, good for the planet
Stepped out of the house but forgot to switch off the lights? No worries. A few clicks on your phone, and you're good. With voice and phone control, sensor detectors, and other energy-efficient features, smart devices are helpful in reducing your carbon footprint.
Our pick of some of the best smart home devices for your home.
Ensure your home is protected, inside and out, with cameras that connect straight to your phone. Get alerts from smart doorbells, or simply keep an eye on the kids or pets.
Smart Security - protecting your home
Keep an eye on your home with cameras that connect straight to your phone. Get alerts with smart doorbells, and answer with your phone so you can tell people you're busy or where to leave the parcel.
Smart cameras are ideal for security or for watching the kids and smart smoke alarms speak to you so you can act quickly, whether it's burnt toast or something more serious. Just download an app and connect the camera and sensors to your home Wi-Fi and smart devices.
The heart of smart
Here’s why owning smart speakers is a smart choice:
- You get your very own voice - activated home assistant. Whatever you need, all you have to do is ask. You can request your favourite track to listen to, arrange your calendar, order your shopping and so much more.
- Control your smart home hands free - say "lights off" and they're off, ask for more heat and it warms up. Your smart home is yours to command.
- Get reminder alerts - from birthdays to scheduled calls, your smart assistant will ensure you never miss any important updates.
- Get your questions answered – 'Is there any Italian restaurant near me?' 'Is it likely to rain today?' Your smart speaker will help you out.
What is Amazon Echo?
A hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, ask questions and much more. Just ask Alexa to control your compatible smart devices, such as lights, switches, thermostats.
To set up your Echo you'll need a free Amazon account and internet connection.
What is Google Home?
A voice-activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant designed to simplify your everyday life. Google Home is compatible with Android and iOS operating systems, and can control compatible smart devices.
To set up your Google Home you'll need a Google account and internet connection.
Amazon Echo Show
- Check-in on your house while you're away or enjoy video calls with a built-in camera that automatically pans, zooms, and frames.
- Ask Alexa to play whatever you like. An 8 inch HD touchscreen, adaptive color, and stereo speakers let you watch your favourite games, movies, and more in high quality.
Protect your privacy with the Mic/Camera Off button and built-in camera cover.
Amazon Echo Dot
- If you don't need a screen or camera, you can go for a smart speaker that's only voice-controlled.
- From checking scores to weather updates to news- Amazon Echo Dot makes your life easy.
Dim the lights. Create a to-do list. Or set reminders. You can control multiple devices with a single command.
Google Nest Hub Max
- Multitasking while being on a video call? The in-built camera of this smart speaker auto-focuses on you even as you move.
- From entertainment to reminders to news updates - ask Google whatever info you need.
Compatible with hundreds of other smart devices, you can control lights, thermostat settings, the security camera at the front door, and more.
Switch on to smart lighting
Left a light on downstairs? Grab your phone and switch it off. Fancy watching a film? Dim the lights without standing up. Set up a daily or weekly routine to switch the lights on or off. All the control at your fingertips. Also, since majority of smart lighting is LED, it's more energy efficient than traditional lighting. So you end up saving more on your power bills too.
Introducing Philips Wiz
Upgrade to a smarter way of life with Philips Wiz. It easily connects to your Wi-Fi and gives you total control of the lights, even while you're away. The best part? The Wiz app lets you monitor your energy consumption on your smartphone. Really handy to keep your power bills in check.
Smart Heating - never come home to the cold
What is Smart Heating?
With smart heating you can adjust the heat from anywhere, get reminders if you've left the heat on, or use GPS to turn it off automatically when you leave. All you have to do is replace your old thermostat.
How does Smart Heating help you save money?
Smart devices help heat your home evenly throughout, so you should be able to set your thermostat lower which can save you money. Also you can easily delay the thermostat coming on if you're late home so you don't end up heating an empty house.
Forgot to turn something off? With a smart plug you can use your phone to turn any appliance on or off wherever you are. Going away? Set a schedule to turn lights on and off so it looks like you're still at home. There's no expensive cables, all you need is Wi-Fi set up at home.
Kitchen control - straight from your phone. Adjust the temperature of your fridge or cooker wherever you are. See what food is in your fridge without having to open the door. Let the dishwasher and washing machine choose the perfect program so everything comes out spotless.
Use monitoring systems to watch and communicate with your pet wherever you are. Keep out fluffy intruders with microchip pet flaps and digital feeders programmed to only open for your pets. And with connected pet flaps, lock and unlock the flap using your phone.
Pay no interest on any product £99+
when you pay your full balance within 12 months with the Argos Card.