Outdoor Christmas lights & decorations ideas
Stock up on glittering goodies for Christmas 2020.Shop all outdoor lights & decs
Whether you think less is more, or more is more, we're brimming with outdoor Christmas lights to accommodate all decorating tastes. From warm whites to rainbow brights, you’ll have a glowing garden that’s sure to be a neighbour-stopping spectacle.
Twinkling at twilight
Pin them round window panes, fix them to your roof and wrap them round trees. We have an abundance of string and tube lights for you to shop.
Holly jolly lighting hacks
- Wrap your lights round a coat hanger to prevent them from turning into a tangled mess.
- Remember to plug in before you put up to test all the bulbs work.
- Net lighting is great if you want outdoor lights without the effort of putting them up. Fix them to the inside of your window so you don’t even need to venture outside.
- Don’t be caught short! Make sure to measure where you plan to hang your lights, and the distance from there to the plug socket, so you know exactly which length to buy.
- There’s no need to leave your lights on all night. Invest in a timer so you don’t get a hefty energy bill.
Handy little helpers
- Don't leave Christmas lights running when you go to bed at night, or when you leave the house. Use a timer or smart plug so they're only on when you'll enjoy them the most.
- Don't use tacks, nails or screws to hang lights, which can pierce the cable and become electrified. Use insulated hooks instead.
- If bulbs have burned out, replace them right away, but make sure you use the correct wattage bulbs. You don't want them blowing a fuse or your lighting looking patchy.