Men's shavers - which is best for you?
Buying your first shaver or looking for an alternative way to de-fuzz? We've got all the advice you need to maintain your facial furniture.
Rotary or foil shaver
One of the main decisions when buying a new electric shaver is whether to opt for a foil or rotary model. There are advantages to both, depending on skin type, hair growth and shave frequency. To help you understand the differences between the two, we've listed some of their benefits below.
Wet vs dry shaving
To lather or not to lather, that is the question.
Key features of your electric shaver
How to stop shaving rash
Here are six of the best ways to avoid shaving-induced skin irritation.
- Wet your hair and skin before you shave. This will open your pores and follicles, remove any dead skin cells and give you a gentler shave.
- Use shaving foam or gel to hydrate and protect your skin, creating a smoother shave with less irritation.
- Apply a light amount of pressure and shave in the direction of hair growth. This will help prevent razor bumps or small nicks.
- Follow the contours of your face to get as close as possible.
- After shaving, rinse your face with cool water and use a fragrance-free moisturiser. This will keep your skin hydrated and help avoid in-grown hairs or irritation.
- Clean your grooming equipment! Not only is it hygienic, it'll extend your shaver's life and give you the best shave time after time.
Best electric shaver for sensitive skin
If you suffer from redness or rashes after shaving, you’ll need to choose an electric shaver that's gentle on the skin. Look for ones with multiple blades and a high cutting speed - this will help reduce the number of passes needed for a close shave. Using a wet shaver in combination with a good foaming gel or cream can also help reduce irritation.
Beard trimmers and more
Men's shavers our customers love
Shop by brand
Need a little advice?
Grooming tips and kits
Whether it’s tackling unwanted body hair or shaping and trimming your beard, our men’s grooming guides will keep you looking your best.
Taking care of your health and wellbeing
Our health and wellbeing hub is full of help and inspiration.