Best hair removal
Hair removal needn’t be a spiky subject. Discover the different types to find the best hair removal method for you.Shop hair removal
Hair removal's such a chore, right? From de-fuzzing the face, to preening those pins, our range of products cover all areas to make getting silky smooth skin easy.
Types of hair removal
IPL releases pulses of light which weakens follicle and stunts regrowth for longer lasting results. Over time hair will stop growing back altogether.
Why they're great...
- Hair growth is reduced over 10 weeks.
- To be used once every 2 weeks for 10 weeks, then as needed.
- Easy to use and painless.
- Clinically tested.
- Suitable for entire body including facial hair.
Be mindful of...
- You need to shave before use.
- Best for light skin with dark hair.
- Not suitable for dark skin tones or pale hair.
Hair removal tips
Some hints to help protect and maintain your skin
- Before you shave...exfoliate! It'll remove any dead skin and lift the hairs, making it a closer shave. It helps prevent those nasty ingrown hairs too.
- Use shaving gel or cream where appropriate. Not only will you get a softer shave, it'll reduce any irritation.
- If you're trying a new type of hair removal, do a patch test. A simple way to check there's no reaction and that it'll work for you.
- Warm water helps open pores, resulting in a smoother shave.
- After shaving, use a moisturiser to avoid irritation.
- An evening shaving session will give your skin time to recover overnight.
Philips Lumea IPL
After 14 years of research with leading dermatologists, Philips Lumea places IPL technology in your own hands. With five different light energy settings, you can use with confidence to remove hair on your legs, underarms, bikini area, stomach and arms - all from the comfort of your home.