Guide to buying a bed
Bed frame or divan base? Read on for some inspiration on how to pick the best bed type for your space.Shop all beds
Guide to buying a bed.
Hibernate in cushy comfort this Christmas
We’ll deliver sweet dreams before Santa arrives.
Tips for buying a new bed
- Before you shop for a new bed, you should measure the bedroom where it will be placed.
- Beds can take up a lot of room, so consider the space you have and what options might work best.
- Ideally, you'll need at least two feet of space around the open sides of the bed so you can comfortably get in and out of it.
- If you have an existing mattress, make sure you choose a size that's compatible with it. View our bed size guide to see the dimensions of each bed type.
- Bed frames are available in many attractive designs, materials and colours, and are typically seen as more decorative and visually appealing.
- Divans on the other hand offer a wealth of storage options and tend to take up less space.