From baking essentials to favourite festive recipes – we’ve got everything you need, all in one spot.
Whether you’re making festive treats for yourself, baking edible gifts for others, or maybe you’re in charge of Christmas pudding this year? Christmas baking is a wonderful (and delicious) tradition, and we’ve got everything from kitchen appliances, baking accessories and must-bake recipes, so it's stress-free for you.
Before you begin, make sure you have the best baking tools for the job.
Here are our favourites:
- Baking starter set
- Non-stick oven tray
- Square and round cake tins
- Easy-grip muffin trays
- Non-stick loaf tin
- Stoneware pastry dish
Are you updating your bakeware kit? Then take a look at our full collection.
Our kitchen elves...
Gifts for foodies
The best Christmas recipes
From tasty mince pies to vegan-friendly cheesecake, we’ve picked out our favourite Sainsbury’s recipes to get you started. Bake some Christmas biscuits to give as gifts, or why not try and master the classic Christmas pudding?
Christmas cake recipe
Sainsbury’s couldn’t make baking any easier, than with this 5 ingredient Christmas cake. Perfect for a first-time tryer, busy hostess or traditional fruit cake fans.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 3 hours 45 mins
What you'll need:
200g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
200g dark brown soft sugar
4 eggs, lightly beated
225g plain flour, sifted
1kg pre-soaked mixed fruit
- Preheat your oven to 150C/fan, 130C/ gas mark 2
- Grease a 19cm round cake tin and line the bottom and sides with baking parchment.
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and cream together with a mixer.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs, fold in the flour and then add the mixed fruit. Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 3 hours 45 mins, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cover with greaseproof paper if it's getting too brown.
- Leave in the tin to cool for 15 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool fully.
- Decorate to your choosing.
- Before you start, make sure you have all the equipment and ingredients you'll need.
- Weigh your ingredients carefully. If you’re even the slightest bit out, it can affect your bake.
- Be mindful of how much baking powder you use. Too much could result in your bake rising and falling too quickly, drying it out.
- Keep eggs and dairy products at room temperature, it’ll help give a more even and fuller result.
- To check if your cake is cooked, stick a sharp knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Take your time, put on some Christmas music and have fun!