Choosing the best BBQ
Helpful advice and top tips on finding the best BBQ for you.Shop all BBQs
As soon as the rain stops, we love to get outside and light up the barbie. But how do you know if a charcoal BBQ is the one for you? Maybe a gas BBQ will grill the way you want, or have you even considered a bucket BBQ? We've pulled together all you need to know to help you become king of the grill.
What size BBQ do I need?
Things to consider...
Every BBQ will grill slightly differently depending on its size, features and fuel. Which one is best for you can depend on multiple factors:
- How often are you BBQing?
- How many are you cooking for?
- How much storage space do you have?
- How do you like your food cooked?
We’ve grilled our specialists and gathered the best bits of each type of BBQ, to help you answer these questions.
Charcoal vs gas BBQs
Grillin' on the go
If you’re limited on outdoor space, only cooking for a couple of people or are travelling with a BBQ – you’ve got lots of options:
The best BBQ features
Up your grillin' game
Get the most out of alfresco cooking and look for our favourite features:
- Wheels – easily manoeuvre yourself to cook in the sun.
- Warming rack – keep food warm whilst you cook the rest.
- Ash collection tray – this will save you cleaning time later.
- Adjustable grill – have more control over your cooking by moving food to or from the heat.
- Shelves – ideal spots to hold dishes, trays, condiments and beverages for the chef.
- Loading door – safely and easily reload your charcoal BBQ with a handy door.
- Hoods and chimneys – keep food warm with a hood, whilst chimneys will disperse excess smoke.
- Fireboxes – an extra chamber for fuel such as wood for infusing your food with extra smokey succulence. See our smoker BBQs
Must-have BBQ accessories
BBQ top tips
Sun's out, (burger) buns out
•Check for any dietary requirements as you may need separate tools or dishes.
•Add your food once the flames have died down to avoid scorched edges.
- Marinade any meat the night before to save time and get the best flavours.
- Line your BBQ with a bit of foil for a quicker clean-up.
- Wait until your BBQ is cool before cleaning. Most grills are dishwasher safe or you can use a wire brush. Oven cleaner is ideal for the rest of your BBQ.
- Clean your utensils too so they’ll last longer.
- Dive into side dishes – corn on the cob, coleslaw, potato salad…we could go on!
- Set the mood with a top garden party playlist.