Use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures.

World Sleep Day

Simple ways to sleep soundly

In partnership with Silentnight

Friday 13 March is World Sleep Day, a day dedicated to educating the world on the value of a good night's sleep. We've brought together the best advice from the World Sleep Society and our fantastic range of sleep-easy products to help you get the best snooze possible.

How to get a good night's sleep

Content Image

Top tips for sleeping soundly

Research shows we spend up to a 1/3 of our lives sleeping and yet, over 35% of people report not getting enough sleep – impacting on both physical and mental health.

A few lifestyle tweaks, can make big changes to your quality of sleep. Here are just a few from the World Sleep Society:

1.      Establish a regular bedtime and waking time.

2.      Exercise regularly, but not right before bed.

3.      Avoid caffeine 6 hrs before sleep.

4.      Avoid excess alcohol and don’t smoke.

5.      Block out distractions like noise or light.

6.      Use comfortable, inviting bedding.

    By making subtle changes in your room, you can help yourself settle down for a comfortable snooze…

    Content Image

    Adjust your lighting

    Try a light-up alarm clock to regulate sleep and help you wake up naturally, whilst softer lighting will create a relaxing feel (that doesn’t include the light from your phone).

    Content Image

    Add blinds & curtains

    For those who need complete darkness, or perhaps sleep in the day, choose blackout curtains to help reduce light disturbance and broken sleep.

    Content Image

    Use a heater, cooler or purifier

    Keep your room at an optimum temperature, no matter the season, with our heaters and fans. For cleaner air, consider an air purifier too.

    Content Image

    Relax with soothing scents

    Easily create a calming atmosphere by lighting candles or using reed diffusers. Their subtle light and soothing scents will help you wind down before bed.

    Sleep essentials

    Content Image

    Free recycling with selected mattresses

    This week, for no extra cost, we’ll take away your old mattress when we deliver your new one. Before we arrive, you’ll receive a recycling bag that you'll just need to pop over your mattress.

    95% of your mattress is recycled responsibly, whilst the remaining 5% goes into creating energy from waste (that’s 0% going to landfills).

    Please note, this service isn’t available on mattresses available for store collection or via Fast Track home delivery.

    Content Image

    100 night comfort promise

    Argos Home wants you to get a great night's sleep, and because choosing a mattress shouldn't keep you up all night we're offering a 100 night comfort promise. So if you're not sleeping soundly on your new mattress, you can exchange it within the first 100 days.

    Find the perfect mattress for a good night sleep

    What size is your bed?

    You’ll need to match your mattress to the size of your bed.

    Kids and baby sleep

    A healthy sleep routine is important to a child’s wellbeing, development and alertness. So let's make bedtime, a fun time, with ideas they’ll want to dive into.

    Content Image

    Kids bedroom furniture

    With stylish storage, fun furniture and on-trend accessories, they’ll be begging to go to their rooms.

    Content Image

    Kids bedding

    Add a touch of personality by updating bedding to their favourite colours, patterns or characters.

    Content Image

    Kids bedroom ideas

    Not sure where to start? Let them dream big with the latest looks and inspirational ideas.

    Baby sleep advice

    Make sure they sleep safe and sound with our top tips and napping necessities.

    View sleep time ideas

    Find the perfect PJs

    Tu nightwear range

    Looking for stylish sleepwear or something a bit more casual? Our Tu nightwear has got something for every type of sleeper.

    Get the look

    Even more advice

    Content Image

    Mattress buying guide

    Still not sure which size mattress will fit your bed? Confused about the level of firmness to go for? Don't stress, our mattress guide can help you out.

    Content Image

    Bedroom ideas

    Whether you're going for the full makeover or just trying to add those finishing touches, wake up to a new look with our style inspiration.

    Why buy at Argos?