Diwali decorations and gifts
Find all you need to celebrate the festival of lights on 4 November.
We've put together lots of exciting ideas and thoughtful gifts to help you make the most out of your Diwali celebrations.
What you'll need
- 500g plain flour
- 50g chickpea flour
- 70g semolina
- 220g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 350g ghee (at room temperature)
- 2/3 threads of Saffron
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
Ready in: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes per tray you bake
Prep time: 20 minutes inc. cooling time
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C
2. In a large bowl beat the ghee and sugar until fluffy. Add flours, semolina, baking powder and spices
3. Mix into a dough and make small balls – about walnut sized and flatten very slightly before baking
4. Place on a greased lined baking tray, leaving enough space between them
5. Bake for about 7-8 minutes
6. Take the biscuits out and place almonds and pistachio in the centre, return to the oven and bake further 7-8 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack, and enjoy once cooled!
Discover more with Argos
Why buy at Argos?
Celebrating Diwali 2021
The Diwali festival, also known as ‘Festival of Lights', will fall on 4 November this year and celebrations usually last for 5 days, with each day having a different focus and meaning. Diwali is celebrated by more than a billion Hindus, Jains and Sikhs from all over the world, it is a time for prayer, meeting friends and family, celebrating and of course enjoying delicious food.
Make it a festival of lights
Browse our exciting Diwali range for great ideas to help you prepare your home for all the festivities. Decorate with bright colours, scented candles and reed diffusers for great aromas. Don’t stop at the inside, why not decorate the garden too! Place lamps along the path to help the goddess Lakshmi find her way to your home to bless it this Diwali.