We're committed to selling high-quality products we hope you'll enjoy using but we also know that, for one reason or another, there may be a time when you need to exchange or return something you've bought. Please make sure that you check your items carefully before they are used or installed. We also recommend that you keep your receipt or order number, which can be found on your order confirmation or on the delivery packaging, as you might need it as proof of purchase in the event of any after-sales queries
If I change my mind...
Within 30 days
- Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.
- If you don't have your receipt, as long as you have a proof of purchase we'll exchange the item or give you a refund with vouchers.
- If you'd like to return something we've delivered, just call us on 03456 400 800
and unless otherwise stated on the delivery note we'll collect it for free. Your order number will count as your receipt.
- We're sorry but some items like earrings, foot spas and dental products can't be exchanged or refunded for hygiene and safety reasons, unless they're faulty.
- To protect your personal security, we are also unable to accept returns on some non-faulty imaging and recording products such as MP3 players and digital cameras.
- Please note all video games consoles are excluded from the Argos 30 day money back guarantee. Please ensure you read the specification on the box before installation. We also cannot accept back video gaming software under our 30 day money back guarantee if the plastic wrapping has been unsealed – this does not affect your statutory rights.
- If a product is excluded from our 30-day money-back guarantee, it is clearly marked by a † next to the product name in the catalogue and on this website.
- If your product(s) have qualified for a free Argos voucher/Argos giftcard and you return them under our 30-day-money-back-guarantee, the free Argos voucher/Argos gift card must be returned. If the qualifying products aren’t returned than the Argos voucher/Argos Giftcard amount will be deducted from the money refunded.
- Our 30 day money back guarantee does not affect your statutory rights, in particular any right you have to return the goods under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations.
If there's a fault with the product...
We've made it easier!
- If you bring it back to us within 30 days with your proof of purchase, we'll give you a
replacement or a refund.
- If you've had the product for up to 1 year, we'll repair the product or, if that's not possible, give you a replacement or, if that's not possible, a refund.
- Please note that all large kitchen appliances are excluded from our normal 30 day guarantee, but if your item develops a fault within 30 days, call us on 0345 640 0800 and one of our advisors will assist you with your problem. If faulty and if it cannot be repaired we will arrange a replacement free of charge or you can opt for a refund.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations
Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations you have the right to cancel your order for any item bought on this website for a full refund. This doesn't apply to:
- Items collected in store.
- Goods and services where the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market, and cannot be controlled by the trader.
- Goods made to the customers specification or are clearly personalised.
- Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly Newspapers, periodicals, magazines.
- Sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if unsealed after delivery.
- Sealed audio or video recordings or computer software.
- Goods that becomes mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
To cancel email customer services, call 0345 640 2020, email us on our order enquiries email or write to us at Argos Direct, Acton Gate, Stafford, ST18 9AR. You can use the model cancellation form. Collection is free.
You can cancel anytime from placing your order up to the end of a period 14 days after you take possession of the goods (or in the case of a multiple order, the last part of the order).
Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.
Please make it clear when you cancel that you are cancelling under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations.
You may cancel an order for services in the same way, within 14 days of the date of purchase unless the service begins sooner. You may not however cancel accommodation, transport or leisure services which occur on a specific date.
The Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations do not apply to Financial and Insurance Services.
If you have an Internet order query, please Email Customer services or call us on 0345 640 2020.
If you have an Argos TV order query please call us on 03456 40 50 50.
(For security and training purposes, telephone calls to and from Customer service centres may be recorded or monitored).