The Argos beta widget is a trial widget that offers you a quick and easy way to access the key features of Argos.co.uk, including:
1. If you don’t already have one, you will need to sign up for a Google account* if you wish to add this widget to your iGoogle page.
*Argos.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external websites. This link will open in a new window.
2. Once you have a Google account, return to this page, select the ‘Add to your iGoogle page’ link – the widget will then be automatically added to your iGoogle page and will remain there unless you choose to remove it.
1. Select the ‘Download to your Vista desktop’ link to download the Argos beta widget to your machine.
2. A pop-up window will appear asking whether you would like to ‘Open’ or ‘Save’ the item. Select ‘Open’
3. A message may appear informing you that “A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer”. Select ‘Allow’
4. On the next pop-up window that appears click on ‘Install’ to install the widget to your Gadget sidebar
A widget is a small, simple application that can sit on your desktop (if you use Vista) or within your iGoogle page. The Argos beta widget provides quick access to some of the key elements of the Argos.co.uk website (i.e. search, latest offers, price & stock checker and gift finder) Widgets are also sometimes referred to by various other names, e.g. Google call them “Gadgets”.
Our widget has been designed for use on your iGoogle page or to sit on your Vista desktop or sidebar
iGoogle is a more personal way to use Google.com. It is a free service and, once you’ve created your own account, allows you to customise your Google page anyway you like, by adding your favourite themes and gadgets from across the web.
The Argos beta widget has been developed to work with the following browsers:
If you have added the Argos beta widget to your iGoogle page, any change we make to the widget (e.g. the addition of new features) will be updated automatically, either when you connect to the Internet or when your browser refreshes.
If you have added the Argos beta widget to you Vista sidebar, you will be notified when a new version of the widget is available via a ‘flyout’ window when you start using the widget. The ‘flyout’ window will include a link back to this Customer Services page where you will be able to download the new widget.
Note: Don’t forget to delete the ‘old’ version of the widget before you try and download the new one.
If at any time you no longer want to access the widget then follow the instructions on I-Google or Vista for removal.
For security reasons Vista blocks certain items from being downloaded. This default setting can be overridden by carrying out the following steps:
The widget has to be able to connect with our website. If this is not possible due to there being no active connection to the internet, or our website is unavailable then error messages will be displayed. Please check your connection, or in the case of our website being unavailable, try again a little later.
The Argos beta widget has been initially developed initially for iGoogle and Vista. Other formats may be added in the future.