Sony PS Vita
Sony Computer Entertainment introduces their next generation portable entertainment system, the PS Vita.
- Stunning OLED and remarkable user interface - Uses a multi touch 5-inch organic light emitting diode (OLED) on the front display.
- • This enables new gameplay options allowing users to interact directly with games in three dimension-like motion, through "touch, grab, trace, push and pull" hand movements.
- The new system also incorporates a multi touch pad on the rear together with the front touch display.
- Super oval design and dual analog sticks - PS Vita adopts the Super Oval Design form, created to fit comfortably in users' hands.
- • Features two analog sticks, which enable a wider range of genres to be brought into the world of portable videogaming.
- Connectivity – The PS Vita comes WiFi equipped, with the option of 3G for greater connectivity.
- LiveArea - Every game for PS Vita has a space called LiveArea where users can share the fun with other players.
- • Users have access to the latest game info via the PlayStation Network.
- • Users will be able to view an Activity log that is updated with accomplishments from other users playing the game, triggering communication between them.
- Near - New location-based services on PS Vita, called 'Near', is pre-installed to let users find out what games their friends in the vicinity are playing.
- • Users can meet their friends and new players virtually, regardless of what games they are playing, simply by sharing game information across the dimensions of time and distance.
- PS Vita adopts a small, flash memory card, dedicated for PS Vita software titles.
- • This card can store full software titles plus add-on content or game save data.
- • By adopting a flash memory based card solution, higher capacity game cards will allow developers to store more game data to deliver richer games.
- PS Vita is equipped with two cameras, one on the front and one on the rear of the system, as well as three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass, all of which are designed to enable users to enjoy a world of entertainment that is linked with real life experiences.
- PlayStation Suite (PS Suite), announced at the same time as PS Vita, also closely co-ordinates with PS Vita.
- • Newly developed and released game content for Android based portable devices can also be enjoyed on PS Vita.
- • As a result, users have access to leading content and some of the more casual experiences that typify the mobile market.