Buying guide for Can openers and corkscrews
Can openers and corkscrews can be found among the kitchen gadgets.
Even with the advent of ring-pull cans, most tinned food still needs opening with a can opener. We supply a range to suit your needs and your budget - with a touch of style to boot!
What features should I look for?
- Hand-operated tin openers are simple and need no batteries.
- Electric can openers need very little effort.
- Ideal for those with grip or mobility problems.
- Jar openers also exist in similar form.
- Batteries required.
- Models that we supply hold the tin lid until released for easier and safer disposal.
- Watch out for any sharp edges when you have opened the tin.
The one key accessory for the wine lover, we supply corkscrews to suit your lifestyle and your pocket.
- Manual corkscrews have been around as long as corks themselves.
- All will fit any cork in a bottle.
- Bottle openers are sometimes built in.
- Automatic models need no effort from you.
- Excellent if you have mobility problems or just need a little assistance.
- Some models incorporate foil cutters.
- Batteries are required.