Ride on & Tractor Mowers
We offer a wide range of ride on and tractor mowers to suit all user requirements. These practical products are easy to use and maintain and make light work of the largest of gardens.
Things to think about before you decide on your ride on or tractor mower:
Width of product: The standard garden gate is 760mm in width, so look out for narrower ride on mowers that can fit through.
Lawn size: Consider the size and shape of your cutting area. The ride on mower is designed as a labour saving alternative to a walk behind mower and brings ride on comfort to even the smallest garden. The wider cutting capacity of the tractor mower is ideal for larger open spaces. The following table is to be used as a guide only:
Product Guide: Lawn Size
|6.5hp(Horse power) Ride on mower
|12.5hp(Horse power) Ride on mower
|13.5hp(Horse power) Tractor mower
|15.5hp(Horse power) Tractor mower
Please note: As a rough guide, 1 acre is approximately the same size as a football pitch.
Storage: It is recommended that machines are stored in a dry environment, especially
during winter months and wet conditions.
- Cutting heights: All cutting decks are height adjustable in order to adapt to the type of grass and ground being mowed. Ride on mowers have a
single steel blade, whilst tractor mowers have twin contra-rotating steel blades.
- Grass collection: The products have a rear-discharge collection chute, which means that the grass has a short distance to travel to enter the grass collector. Cutting conditions in the UK mean that grass is wet and, consequently, heavy; therefore the shorter the distance the grass has to travel to enter the grass collector, the better.
- Emptying the grass collector: The Argos ride on and tractor mowers have large grass collectors, meaning fewer stops and can be emptied from a seated position without the need to pick up large and heavy loads.
- Deck washing facility: All Argos ride on and tractor mowers have a hose pipe attachment fitted to the cutting deck. To ensure the blade and deck are kept clean, simply attach the hose pipe to the connector, turn on the water, start the engine and engage the blades.
- Briggs & Stratton engine: All Argos ride on and tractor mowers are fitted with a Briggs & Stratton engine. All Briggs engines are designed to be durable and reliable and are supported by a nationwide network of Authorised Service Dealers.
- Driving position/controls: All seats are adjustable to enable the operator to achieve a comfortable driving position. All controls are functional and user friendly with all products having a key-operated start.
- Wheels: All tyres have a wide profile to stop turf being marked in wet conditions.
- Safety: User safety is of paramount importance and each machine includes many safety features such as the operator must be seated on the machine otherwise the engine will cut out. This ensures the machine cannot become out of control.
- Guarantee: All products are supplied with a 2-year Home User Guarantee.