Whether you want to eliminate impurities in the air (such as pollen, smoke and dust) or want to maintain optimum humidity levels in your home, there are various products on the market to help you do this. Air purifiers, humidifiers and dehumidifiers can all play an important role in improving the air quality in your home and office.
This guide takes you through the different air treatment appliances in our range and explains the
benefits and key features you should look for when considering your purchase.
Air purifiers circulate the air in a room through a filter. The filter traps airborne particles such as dust and pollen which can cause and trigger allergic reactions such as asthma and hayfever.
There is a choice between two filter technologies that your chosen air purifier will use:
- FiltreteTM - use patented filter technology that allows more air to pass through the purifier (than a HEPA air purifier with a comparable room size and clean air delivery rate). As a result, allergens are removed.
- HEPA filters - remove 99.7% of all airborne particles by passing through
tightly woven (replaceable) glass fibre filters.
What are the Benefits of air purifiers?
- They help improve the air quality inside your home, which can be made worse by everyday activities such as dusting, vacuuming, keeping pets, cooking and smoking.
- An air purifier removes airborne particles which can trigger off allergic reactions.
- All air filters are effective at removing smoke, pollen and dust particles, and some can capture mould spores, pet hair/dander and dust mite debris.
- They help provide a cleaner home environment for you and your family.
Key features to look for
- The CADR - (clean air delivery rate) rating is the measure of how quickly the air purifier can clean the air. The higher the CADR rating the quicker the air will be cleaned. Further information on CADR ratings can be found at www.cadr.org. (Argos.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external websites)
- Room size - choose a purifier to suit the room size you want to clean. We have a range of filters to suit all room sizes from 8m2 (such as nurseries) up to 50m2 (living areas).
- Speed Settings - shows the number of fan speed settings for greater control.
- Allergy UK seal of approval - air purifiers carrying this logo have been approved by the British Allergy Foundation as products that specifically restrict/reduce/remove allergens from the environment of allergy sufferers
- Filter life indicator - reminds you when your filter is due for replacement (you can buy these replacements online)