I want a tablet for...
Watching YouTube, box sets & movies
- A 9 inch or wider, high resolution HD screen for brighter and more in-depth video quality.
- At least 2GB RAM for ultra-smooth streaming.
- 32GB or more of storage so you have plenty of space for TV shows and movies.
- Front facing speakers for greater out-loud sound.
- Enough battery life to keep you entertained on long journeys.
Taking great photos at home & out & about
- A camera with at least 12 megapixels for high quality shots.
- Plenty of storage for backing up your snaps.
- A high res screen so your photos look even better when you show them off.
- Front and rear facings cameras so you can take standard photos and super-selfies.
Helping me work on-the-go
- A flexible 2-in-1 laptop which can function as a stand-alone tablet or computer with a keyboard.
- At least 2GB of RAM and a quad-core processor for smooth multi-tasking.
- A battery that lasts from when you leave in the morning to when you get home.
- Wi-Fi and 4GB enabled, so you can stay connected wherever you are.
For my kids to play games & stay safe
- Tablets with kids' apps pre-installed.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Parental control features and password protection to help keep them safe online.
- A 7 or 8 inch screen, which is more comfortable for small hands.
Everyday use of social media, Skype & music
- At least a quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM so you can use multiple apps at once.
- Over 8 hours battery life for less time spent charging.
- At least 16GB of storage, giving you plenty of space for apps, music and photos.
Frequent use & high performance
- 4GB or more of RAM and a quad or octa-core processor for powerful performance.
- A high resolution, HD screen.
- The slimmest, sleekest and highest quality designs.
- Additional features such as tablet pens or detachable keyboards.
Want to know more about the ins and outs of a tablet? Here's our rundown.
Android - Google's OS and the most commonly used in tablets. Generally comes with Google apps pre-installed, including the Google Play Store, YouTube, Google Drive and more. Many Android devices will include Google Assistant as the standard voice app.
Fire OS - Used in Amazon Fire tablets. Essentially Android OS, with Amazon apps. This means you get Alexa, rather than Google Assistant, and a selection of other Amazon apps.
iOS - Used only in Apple iPads. Comes with Siri voice assistant as standard, as well as other Apple apps like Safari, iTunes, iCloud and the App store.
Windows - The Microsoft Surface is part laptop, part tablet. It uses Windows 10 and the operating system is geared towards flexibility, allowing for use with or without the detachable keyboard.
Screen size - Tablets range in size from 7 inches to around 10 inches. The smaller screens are similar to larger smartphones, and are better for kids and for taking on-the-go. Larger screens are recommended for watching films or playing games.
Screen type - The higher the resolution, the better quality the screen is. IPS (in-plate switching) is the best and most common type of tablet screen.
Touchscreen - All tablets have a touchscreen. Some have compatible pens that you can use instead of your finger.
Internal storage - Tablet storage ranges from 8GB to around 64GB. If you take lots of photos or want to keep films or TV shows saved, more storage is recommended. On average, films take up 1.5GB of storage.
Memory card - You can get additional storage space with a memory card, if your tablet has a microSD slot. It is also a great way to back up any cherished photos or important files. Shop memory cards
Cloud storage - There's also a number of ways to get free cloud storage, from the pre-installed apps on your tablet, or through the app store. Keeping files in the cloud doesn't take up any space on your device and you can access it from your other devices.
Most tablets will come with front and rear cameras. One for standard shots and one for selfies. If photos are important, aim for a camera with 12MP or more.
All tablets have speakers, but some will offer better sound than others. If sound is important, look out for front facing speakers, dual speakers and sound technology like Dolby Atmos.
Most tablets will be Wi-Fi enabled and have Bluetooth for connecting to other devices and speakers. All tablets will have a connection slot for plugging in a charger or connecting to another device, like a laptop. Not all tablets have USB ports or an AUX-in slot for headphones, so it's worth checking before you buy if you will regularly use those connections.
Why buy at Argos?
To any argos store within 30 days
Want it today, get it today
Same day delivery or faster in-store collection for free
Get it today, more time to pay
With the Argos card. Representative 29.9% APR variable.