NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
Get motivated for the start of 2018 with these resolution ideas
and top tips on how to keep them!
How to sleep soundly
A busy lifestyle and daily stress can often leave us struggling to drift off, but there's plenty of ways to get those essential 8 hours of rest. Go to sleep and get up at the same time each day to train your body into a daily routine. It's also advisable to stay away from bright screens around an hour before bed and avoid big meals in the evening. Make your bed as comfortable as possible with a little help from our sleep guide and mattress guide for a great night's sleep.
New cultures, new sights
If you're looking to see a little bit more of the world, then you're not alone. Travelling to and exploring new places can help us feel rejuvenated and relaxed. Whether you want a big trip or weekend break away, make sure you capture those special memories with the right camera or camcorder. Edit your footage together at the end of your trip to create an ever-lasting video of your time away. Our luggage guide will give you all the info you need to pack like a pro before you jet off.
Get hooked on books
For some people reading is an enjoyable way to relax while others use it to exercise their brain and gain new knowledge. If you've got space, turn a corner of your home into a little reading nook with a comfortable armchair, reading light and side table so you've always got a spot to settle down and read. With a kindle or E-reader you can save loads of space on your bookshelf as these devices hold around 3000 books.
Novice to know-it-all
From impressing a loved one to perfecting a flambé, becoming a top-notch cook is easy with the right tools and knowledge. It just takes practise! Why not treat yourself to a recipe book and start off simple? Buy some basic culinary essentials like a good set of saucepans, wok and blender to get you off to a good start. You could even try out one recipe a couple of times and make this your signature dish for family and friends! Find loads of yummy recipes in our winter cooking feature.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 170g raisins
- 1 pomegranate
- 230g almonds
- Fresh mint leaves
- Handful of parsley
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- Toast your almonds in a pan on a low heat until they turn golden. Once they're cool, pulse them in a food processor until roughly chopped.
- Blend the cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like couscous.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, including the dressing.
- Slice the pomegranate in half and hold it over the bowl, tap the back with a wooden spoon to release the seeds.
- Mix everything together gently and top with the almonds, avocado, herbs and raisins.