On a nutrition mission? Here’s the kit you need
Find out what’s on Alice and Richard’s shopping lists
“I generally eat well day to day, treating myself as and when I fancy, but in moderation. I base each of my meals around a protein source for example chicken or fish, and then choose a complex carbohydrate such as sweet potato or rice and some source of fat such as cheese or avocado. I also always load up on leafy greens and veggies at each meal to ensure I’m also getting a wide variety of micronutrients.”
Alice’s top 10 staple foods
“Nutrition is vitally important in the exercise process, so plan your pre-workout meal, during session hydration and post-workout recovery for maximum results both in the short and long term.”
Richard’s top 10 staple foods
Cook up a storm with these top kitchen cupboard appliances
Build muscle, get lean, or refuel after a hard workout.
Healthy living starts here with this quick and simple recipe.
Grilled chilli prawns with lettuce and polenta
1. Slice the polenta into 8 slices and brush lightly with olive oil and place on the grill for 5 mins.
2. Place the prawns in a bowl with 1 dessert spoonful each of chilli sauce and olive oil. Turn in the mix and leave to marinate.
3. Cut the little gems in two lengthwise, brush with a little of the prawn marinade and place on the grill.
4. Turn the polenta to cook on the reverse side. Thread the prawns onto short wooden skewers and place on the grill.
5. Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a bowl with the olives.
6. Remove the grilled lettuce when golden brown on the cut side.
7. Once the prawns are sticky and golden remove from the skewers and add to the salad.
8. Place the grilled polenta on a plate and top with the salad. Make a quick dressing from the chilli sauce and olive oil to taste and drizzle over. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Stock up on hot products from trusted names.
Explore our healthy living centre for more products and top advice.